- Translational Research
- Novel and emerging technologies
- HRUK/Simplyhealth Grant
- Healthy Heart Grants
- Healthy Hearts
- Run for Heart Research UK
- Walk for Heart Research UK
- Cycle for Heart Research UK
- Extreme events
- Sing for your Heart
- Collecting sponsorship online
- Support us
- About us
- Contact us
Bupa Great North Run 2013
Event Date: 15 September 2013
Each year we are lucky enough to have a few guaranteed places in the Great North Run. If you'd like to take on the challenge of the world's biggest half marathon and support us in our fight against heart disease why not apply for one of our places now.
The entry fee for this event is £49 and we ask runners to commit to raising a minimum of £300.
In return we will:
• Support you along the way with plenty of fundraising ideas and tools such as balloons and posters
• Provide a Heart Research UK t-shirt or vest
• We’ll offer some handy hints on training and nutrition
• We'll be there on the day to cheer you along and congratulate you at the charity village area
How will your fundraising help?
Over 2.6 million people in the UK live with heart disease – many cases are potentially preventable. Treatments for heart disease continue to develop but mortality rates are still too high and that’s why we need help from supporters like you to continue our work in helping hearts across the country.
Apply for a place now
If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact Lynne on 0113 234 7474. For more information about the Bupa Great North click here.
A big well done to all of our runners who took part in the Great North Run on 16th September 2012. To find out how a few of them got on go to our News section here: http://www.heartresearch.org.uk/news/heart-research-uk-thanks-its-great-north-runners