Be a 9-5 Heart Hero
Donating through your payroll is simple, easy and helps hearts near you.
So how does it work?
Payroll giving is a tax efficient scheme that allows you to make regular donations to Heart Research UK, straight from your salary.
As your donation is taken out before tax, a £10 per month donation will only cost you £8.
The table below shows how little it will cost you each month to make a real impact to the work we do:
|Your Pledge||Actual Cost to you
(Standard rate taxpayer: -20%)
|What it will fund|
£5 per month
(or £60 annually)
(or £48 annually)
|This will allow us to print and distribute one Helping Little Hearts toolkit, which will support health professionals to develop exercise ‘prescriptions’ for children who have had heart disease or living with a long term heart condition.|
£8 per month
(or £90 annually)
(or £72 annually)
|This will pay for a talented young clinician to attend one of our Masterclasses|
£10 per month
(or £120 annually)
(or £96 annually)
|Will pay for one hour’s research into the prevention, treatment and cure of heart disease|
£20 per month
(or £240 annually)
(or £192 annually)
|Will pay for a scientist to carry out one days research into the prevention, treatment and cure of heart disease|
Why support Heart Research UK through Payroll Giving:
- Coronary heart disease is still the UK’s single biggest killer, so our work is trying to prevent people from getting the illness in the first place through our Healthy Heart Grants
- We fund local healthy lifestyle projects to ensure that people in communities around the UK live healthier, happier, longer lives
- Unlike many other charities, we don’t receive government funding; our money comes from people like you
- Our Corporate partnerships are supporting businesses to help their staff become heart-healthy through lifestyle changes
- We pride ourselves on spending what you give, on helping hearts near you
What can you do now?
All you need to do is fill out the form below and take it with you to your payroll department.
Don’t worry if your donation doesn’t come out straight away, it can sometimes take a few weeks to get to us, but you will see your donation in your pay in a month or so.