In May 2017, Heart Research UK are teaming up with solicitors across the country to promote the importance of making a Will during 'Make a Will Month'.
The participating solicitors will provide a special Will writing service, waiving their usual fee, while providing the same will service and legal advice - in return for a minimum donation of £90 per Will to Heart Research UK (or £150 for a pair of basic ‘mirror’ Wills). Taking part in the campaign will give you a significant saving as you would normally expect to pay anything up to £250 for a simple Will.
Writing a Will is important as it puts you in control of your affairs, making sure your plans can be actioned and your wishes respected. Leaving no doubt about how you want your assets dividing, a will can save potential disputes among family and friends, while also avoiding any unnecessary legal complications for your loved ones after your death.
If you do not have a will or it is not up to date, Make a Will Month is a perfect time to make an appointment.
How to take part in Heart Research UK Make a Will Month
To book your appointment, simply:
- Click HERE to find a solicitor near you, click on the area you live in to see if we have any solicitors participating in your area
- Please contact the solicitor directly and quote HRUK to receive your discounted Will writing service in May
Each solicitor logo is a direct link to their website. Please note solicitors are only participating in the specific areas detailed on our website - some of their offices may not be taking part.
If you would like to speak to one of our team, they'd be more than happy to help. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 234 7474
Why make a Will?
- Puts you in control of your affairs after your death
- Makes sure that your plans can be actioned and your wishes respected
- Prevents potential disputes among family members
- Removes any doubt about who you want to leave your estate to
- Avoiding any unnecessary legal complications
- Ensures unmarried partners, close friends, carers or relations by marriage have rights to an inheritance
Remember Heart Research UK in your Will
If you decide to take part in our campaign, there is, of course, no obligation to include a gift to Heart Research UK in your will, but we would be extremely grateful if you could take a moment to consider remembering us in this way.
Gifts in wills are so important to us and form our biggest source of income. It means we can continue to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives.
For more information on our legacies, click HERE