Red Pepper soup
- 500 ml water
- A spray of rapeseed oil
- Low salt vegetable stock cube
- 4 sweet pointed red peppers
- 2 to matoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- A handful of chopped coriander
- Garnish: 2 slices of chopped up wholemeal
- bread parsley and garlic
- Add 500ml of water and a vegetable stock cube into a pot and allow to boil on a low heat.
- Chop up all the vegetables and add them into the pot of boiling water and then boil for at least 20-30 minutes.
- While the soup is boiling, chop up some wholemeal bread into small cubes, add to a frying pan with a spray of rapeseed oil, parsley and garlic to make tasty homemade croutons. Cook until golden brown and leave to rest.
- Step 4: When the soup has cooked long enough and the flavours have infused, leave to cool and blend with a blender.
- Step 5: Pour blended soup into individual bowls, sprinkle with the golden homemade croutons and some parsley.