Roasted Garlic and Beetroot Soup
- 500 g beetroot chopped into large chunks
- 1 bulb garlic chopped in half
- 1 large potato chopped into large chunks the
- same size as the beetroot
- 1 large carrot cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1 onion cut into quarters
- A light spray of rapeseed oil
- 1 litre of low salt vegetable stock
- A pinch of black pepper
- 4 tbsp low fat yogurt
- Step 1: Turn the oven on and preheat to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Step 2: Place the vegetables in a single layer on a baking tray. Lightly spray with the oil and toss them with your hands.
- Step 3: Roast the vegetables in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Step 4: Check the vegetables. Remove any that are cooked through. The beetroot and potatoes may need longer than
- the onions and garlic. Cook for another 10 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Step 5: Put the vegetables and the stock in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 6: Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to do this in batches. Alternatively, use a stick/immersion blender.
- Step 7: Divide the soup between 4 bowls and serve with each one topped with a swirl of low fat yogurt.